What makes you wealthy?
Is it having lots of $$ in the bank? That helps! An abundance of material things? Love nice things! Or is it more about contribution, enjoyment, experiences and relationships, the intangible and unmeasurable? Maybe?
It is so easy to get caught up in the tide of getting more, wanting more, having more, we spend little time enjoying what we already got. And we have plenty. As a society we are the “richest” we’ve ever been in history. We have the opportunity to do and experience things that most people who lived before us could hardly comprehend let alone dream about.
So as the year draws to an end think about how you can build your wealth by focusing on your relationships and helping others. Good results in everyday life are all about developing human relationships.
The grandaddy of motivation Zig Ziglar captured the essence of true wealth when he stated
“Help other folks acquire what they need, and you will have all you could desire”
So think about giving something different this year to build your wealth.
- Teach something to another person in a way that helps them grow.
- Give someone an experience that will help them evolve and find their way in life.
- Introduce two people that could help each other – without expectation.
- Love another person unconditionally.
- Contribute to a group or cause that is working towards change.
As the year comes to an end ask yourself:
What can I do to make myself and the those around me wealthy TODAY?
Go on, give it a go – what have you got to lose?