Today, the third of three key areas that you can focus on each and every day to:
- create more freedom,
- be more productive and
- have more success in your career, your business, your relationships and your life.
1. Thinking for yourself
2. Letting small annoyances go
3. Practicing small acts of kindness.
You don’t have to leap tall buildings, mask your face or wear a red cape to be someone’s hero; to make someone’s day.
Of course, if you have big plans to change the world and have a real impact in the lives of many, that’s awesome. And you should never lose sight of the small things you can do and say, every day for those around you. Most of us today will be unable to create lasting change throughout a town or a nation, yet small acts of kindness, made obligation free, provide us all with fantastic opportunities to change the world.
And as we negotiate “life’s maze” trying daily to figure it all out, it’s good to remember that underneath the range of exteriors, the cultural differences and language barriers,
- we are all human
- we are all the same, the whole world over and
- we all need encouragement and inspiration.
No act of kindness, however small is ever wasted. You just never know how much difference that one small, thoughtful gesture or word, can make to someone else’s day. And for you the benefits are endless:
- Kindness is good for your health, it boosts your immune system
- Kind acts give us positive feelings and a closeness to others
- Kindness has a ripple effect, it spreads like a wave, into all areas of your life.
If you wait until you are able to do something big for everyone, instead of doing something small for someone, you’ll end up doing nothing at all for anyone.
So to be kind or not to be kind?
It is not a sign of weakness. You can make a difference!
The question is, will you?
The choice is yours.