“It is not always possible to restore one’s boundaries after they have been blurred and made permeable by a relationship; try as we might, we cannot reconstitute ourselves as the autonomous beings we previously imagined ourselves to be.”
Every relationship, every friendship, every gain and every loss in your life changes you. Whether you are conscious of the fact or not, in every day, in every minute, in every second, you are changing, you are growing.
- When you take in new knowledge and implement it, it changes you.
- When you have new experiences and learn from them, it changes you.
- Whenever you act on what you learn, it’s called growing, it changes you.
It is a bittersweet fact of life, time only moves forward. You will never be what you once were because you are now what you have become. So this weekend, celebrate your growth and change:
- Forget the person you imagined you would be
- Accept and embrace who you are,
- Look forward in anticipation to whatever the future may bring.
Here’s to blurred and permeable boundaries.
(I had not forgotten Laura Bahlman).