Everyday I am amazed by the wealth of potential and opportunity that surrounds us. Every day presents us with fresh opportunities to learn, to grow, to create new connections, to embark on new adventures, to meet new people, to start recreating a new and more rewarding life.
The question is do we see the wealth of opportunity that surrounds us, do we reach out and grab it?
We have all heard the story of the two shoe salesmen sent by their company to Africa to investigate the possibilities of opening up a branch office. One wrote in his report, ‘Nothing doing, they all go barefoot here.’ His colleague’s report began with the words, ‘Huge potential, they all go barefoot here.’ . . .’ Same circumstance, different attitude, different view, and I’m certain – a very different result.
We are all capable of seizing opportunities that appear and if we put our minds to it, we can achieve some pretty awesome things. So, why don’t we? We all have different reasons and they may include …
- Often we get so caught up in day to day activity, we fail to see what is right under our nose.
- Often, we see opportunities and are held back by inertia.
- Often we are held back by fear of failure and rejection, fear of the unknown.
- Sometimes we ignore them because we are overcome by the possibilities.
- Sometimes we simply don’t want to give up what’s comfortable.
The key to how you view or whether you grasp an opportunity is all in your attitude and your mindset. If you have an open mind in all situations, then you will not only recognize opportunity when it knocks, you will work through the barriers that present and you will grab opportunity with both hands.
And it is your choice, no-one else can do it for you. Your starting point? Your thinking. Focus your mind:
- What does opportunity look like to you?
- What kind of opportunities are you looking for?
- What normally comes to mind when you are faced with challenges?
- Do you see adversity or opportunities?
- How easily do you give up?
Make the choice!
- Prepare yourself and your mind, to constantly be open to opportunity.
- Create opportunities by boldly making the move to get “out there” more, do more, meet more people.
- Seize the moment when it appears.
Even just one small change can have a ripple effect into every area of your life.
It’s up to you to decide what’s possible.
How will you open your world to new opportunities today?
Check out: Our China Adventure